Thursday, July 25, 2013

NYC Baby


  My name is Heather Lynn Shaw and I am 22 years old with a love for fashion and big dreams to be a model. A dream that i've had since I was 10 years old and have been working 2 years to achieve. I love the fashion industry, how relentless it is and the constant changes of what is in and out. There is no where else I would rather be than getting my make-up/hair done, walking down a runway or shooting with photographers.The craziness of being backstage, fittings with designers, casting calls, the heat of the lights on the runway and the blinding flashes from photographers. It is intoxicating and amazing.


  My dream has taken me to New York City, with 2 other models (Melissa and Joelianna) and a photographer (Brittani) from Jacksonville. Staying in New Jersey for the duration of our stay. Spending a month here to find an agency, work with photographers and network. The month is almost over now, it's been such an amazing experience. Met with a couple agencies, one of which is interested, met some amazing people and have found my favorite places in NYC. An amazing sushi place in SoHo, restaurant in Little Italy, bar in the west village (and jersey city), the best park (Bryant Park) and shop where I find the best deals. We have 14 days until we leave and there is such more exploring to do, I don't know if it is possible to fall even more in love with this city.


  Joelianna and I decided we are going to move here and it only took us a week to decide so. We have fallen much too in love with this city to be 100% happy back in Jacksonville. So we will go home in a little over a week, to save all our money and come back to move here in the spring. Looking for places in New Jersey (lets be honest it's cheaper and not that hard to get to the city) or NYC (if we get lucky). Living here increases our chances in the industry, which is our biggest reason for moving but it doesn't work out then it would be amazing place to find what else we want in life. And like every Sex and the City fan, we are both looking for our "Big" and what better place to find it then here??  So our search begins.
  
   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment